The Short Version
The protection of your data is very important to me. That’s why I avoid cookies & tracking.
I need some of your data, such as your name and email address, when we get in touch. I will handle it carefully.
The long version: General information on data processing and its legal basis
The use of my website is generally possible without providing personal data. As far as personal data (e.g. name or e-mail address) is collected on my website, this is always done on a free basis. This data will not be passed on to third parties without your permission.
Definitions according to Art. 4 DSGVO
This data protection declaration is based on the terms used by the European Directive and Ordinance Maker when adopting the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This data protection declaration is intended to be easy to read and understand for my website visitors. To ensure this, I would like to explain the terms used in advance.
- Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter “data subject”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- Data subject means any identified or identifiable natural person whose personal data are processed by the controller.
- Processing is any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organisation, filing, storage, adaptation or alteration, extraction, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, disclosure or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- Restriction of processing is the tagging of stored personal data with the aim of limiting their future processing.
- Profiling is any form of automated processing of personal data which consists in using such personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict aspects relating to that natural person’s performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, location or change of location.
- Pseudonymisation means the processing of personal data in such a way that the personal data can no longer be related to a specific data subject without additional information, provided that such additional information is kept separately and is subject to technical and organisational measures which ensure that the personal data are not attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- The responsible person or controller is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. Where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its designation may be provided for under Union or Member State law.
- Processor means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
- Recipient means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body to whom personal data are disclosed, whether or not a third party. However, public authorities that may receive personal data in the context of a specific investigative task under Union or Member State law shall not be considered as recipients.
- Third party means any natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, the controller, the processor and the persons authorised to process the personal data under the direct responsibility of the controller or the processor.
- Consent shall mean any freely given specific and informed indication of the data subject’s wishes in the form of a statement or other unambiguous affirmative act by which the data subject signifies his or her agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
Name and address of the person in charge
Responsible within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation, other data protection laws applicable in the Member States of the European Union and other provisions of a data protection nature is:
Le chat informatique.de
General information on data processing
1. Scope of the processing of personal data
As a matter of principle, I only process personal data of my visitors insofar as this is necessary for the provision of a functional website as well as my contents and services and there is a legal basis. If the processing of personal data is necessary and there is no legal basis for such processing, I obtain the consent of the data subject.
2. Categories of data subjects
The term “users” includes all categories of data subjects. They include my business partners, customers, interested parties and other visitors to my online offer. My online offer includes my website, associated functions and services, as well as my social media profiles.
3. Purpose of the processing
The purpose of the processing includes the provision of the online offer, its functions and content, answering contact requests, communication with users and security measures.
4. Legal basis
As far as I obtain the consent of the data subject for processing operations of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a EU Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves as the legal basis.
When processing personal data that is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are necessary for the performance of pre-contractual measures.
If processing of personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which my company is subject, Art. 6 (1) c GDPR serves as the legal basis.
If processing is necessary to protect a legitimate interest of my company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the first-mentioned interest, Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing.
In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person make it necessary to process personal data, Art. 6 (1) (d) GDPR serves as the legal basis.
5. Storage period of the data
The storage period of personal data is determined by the respective statutory retention period. After expiry of the period, the corresponding data will be routinely deleted, provided that they are no longer required for the fulfilment of the contract or the initiation of the contract and/or there is no further justified interest on my part in the continued storage. If the exercise of intervention rights requires deletion, the corresponding data will be deleted immediately.
6. Security measures
I take organisational, contractual and technical security measures in accordance with the state of the art to ensure that the provisions of the data protection laws are complied with and thus to protect the data processed by me against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or against access by unauthorised persons.
For security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal data, this site uses SSL encryption. You can recognise an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from “http://” to “https://” and by the lock symbol in your browser line.
7. Passing on data to third parties and third-party providers
Unless already mentioned above, data that you provide to me will not be passed on to third parties.
However, I use service providers for the operation of this website or for e.g. e-mail services. In this case, it may happen that a service provider obtains knowledge of personal data. I select my service providers carefully – especially with regard to data protection and data security – and take all measures required by data protection law for permissible data processing.
Data is therefore only passed on to third parties within the framework of the legal requirements. I only pass on users’ data to third parties if this is necessary, for example, on the basis of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b) DSGVO for contractual purposes or on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) DSGVO in economic and effective data protection. DSGVO in the economic and effective operation of my business.
If I use subcontractors to provide my services, I take appropriate legal precautions and corresponding technical and organisational measures to ensure the protection of personal data in accordance with the relevant legal provisions.
If content, tools or other means from other providers (hereinafter collectively referred to as “third party providers”) are used within the scope of this data protection declaration and their named registered office is located in a third country, it is to be assumed that a transfer of data to the third party providers’ countries of domicile takes place. Third countries are countries in which the GDPR is not directly applicable law, i.e. countries outside the EU or the European Economic Area. The transfer of data to third countries takes place either if there is an adequate level of data protection, the consent of the users or otherwise a legal permission.
Providing of the website and creation of log files
In order to provide my website and related services efficiently, securely and in a technically flawless manner, I use a hosting provider.
Each time the website is accessed, the hosting provider automatically collects data and information from the computer system of the accessing computer. The type and version of browser, the operating system, the internet service provider, the IP address, the date and time of accessing the website, websites from which the user’s system accesses the website and websites that are accessed by the user’s system via my website may be recorded. This data is also stored in the log files of the hosting provider. This data is not stored together with other personal data of the user.
The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to enable delivery of the website to the user’s computer. For this purpose, the IP address of the user must remain stored for the duration of the session. The storage in log files takes place in order to ensure the functionality and security of the information technology systems. An evaluation of the data for other purposes (e.g. marketing) does not take place in this context. The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. In the case of the collection of data for the provision of the website, this is the case when the respective session has ended, i.e. when you leave the website. In the case of storage of data in log files, this is the case after seven days at the latest. Storage beyond this period is possible if data must be retained for evidentiary purposes.
Possibility of objection and removal: The collection of data for the provision of the website and the storage of the data in log files is absolutely necessary for the operation of the website. Consequently, there is no possibility for the user to object.
Contact option via the website
Due to legal requirements, the website contains information that enables a quick electronic contact to me as well as direct communication with me, which also includes a general address of the so-called electronic mail (e-mail address). If a data subject contacts the controller by e-mail or by using a contact form, the personal data transmitted by the data subject will be stored automatically. Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis by a data subject to the controller will be stored for the purposes of processing or contacting the data subject. No disclosure of this personal data to third parties will take place.
Comment function in the blog on the website
The website offers users the possibility to leave individual comments on individual blog contributions on a blog, which is on the website of the controller. A blog is a portal maintained on a website, usually publicly viewable, where one or more persons, called bloggers or web bloggers, can post articles or write down thoughts in so-called blogposts. The blogposts can usually be commented on by third parties.
If a data subject leaves a comment on the blog published on this website, in addition to the comments left by the data subject, details of the time the comment was entered and the user name (pseudonym) chosen by the data subject will be stored and published. Furthermore, the IP address assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP) of the person concerned is also logged. This storage of the IP address takes place for security reasons and in the event that the person concerned violates the rights of third parties by posting a comment or posts illegal content. The storage of this personal data is therefore in the controller’s own interest, so that the controller could exculpate itself if necessary in the event of an infringement. There will be no disclosure of this collected personal data to third parties, unless such disclosure is required by law or serves the legal defence of the controller.
Subscription to comments in the blog on the website
The comments made in the blog can generally be subscribed to by third parties. In particular, it is possible for a commentator to subscribe to the comments following his or her comment on a certain blog post.
If a data subject opts for the option to subscribe to comments, the controller will send an automatic confirmation e-mail in order to verify in a double opt-in procedure that the owner of the specified e-mail address has indeed opted for this option. The option to subscribe to comments can be terminated at any time.
I have presences on social networks, as they allow me to get in touch with interested parties and (potential) clients and to disseminate information and resources related to website creation and my services. In detail, these are: an Instagram profile (https://www.instagram.com/lechatinformatique), as well as a Twitter account (https://www.twitter.com/chatwiththecat). I have set a simple link to these services on my website (instead of social plugins) to prevent the transmission of personal data. When calling up the respective networks and platforms, the terms and conditions and data processing policies of the respective operators apply.
Rights of the data subject
You have the right to request confirmation as to whether data in question is being processed and to information about this data as well as further information and a copy of the data in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR.
You have according to. Article 16 of the GDPR, you have the right to request the completion of data concerning you or the correction of incorrect data concerning you.
In accordance with Article 17 of the GDPR, you have the right to demand that the data in question be deleted without delay or, alternatively, to demand that the processing of the data be restricted in accordance with Article 18 of the GDPR.
You have the right to demand that the data concerning you that you have provided to me be received in accordance with Article 20 of the GDPR and to demand that it be transferred to other data controllers.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR.
Deletion of data
The data stored by me will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for their intended purpose and the deletion does not conflict with any statutory retention obligations. If the user’s data is not deleted because it is required for other and legally permissible purposes, its processing will be restricted. This means that the data is blocked and not processed for other purposes. This applies, for example, to user data that must be retained for reasons of commercial or tax law.
According to legal requirements, data is stored for 6 years in accordance with § 257 para. 1 HGB (commercial books, inventories, opening balances, annual financial statements, commercial letters, accounting vouchers, etc.) and for 10 years in accordance with § 147 para. 1 AO (books, records, management reports, accounting vouchers, commercial and business letters, documents relevant for taxation, etc.).
Right of objection
You can object to the future processing of your personal data in accordance with the legal requirements at any time. In particular, you may object to processing for direct marketing purposes.
I will revise this data protection notice in the event of changes to this website or other occasions that make this necessary. However, this only applies with regard to declarations on data processing. If the consent of the users is required or parts of the data protection declaration contain regulations of the contractual relationship with the users, the changes will only be made with the consent of the users.
You can always find the current version on this website.
If you have any questions about data protection, please feel free to contact me.